Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gone Country

So I have been at work exactly one hour and 40 minutes. Today, Justin the PT here in Gilbert, decided it was country day. I haven't listened to country in years. For a very good reason. Country was the soundtrack for my life just after my mission. A wonderful, carefree, all the world is beautiful time in my life. I was in LOVE. I know, I know, all this unfiltered bliss? No sarcasm, no cynicism, no complaints? Thats not the Emily we know!!! Well it didn't last and I turned the station after it all disappeared. And hadn't listened since. Til today. I kid you not, every song that could drudge up my memories of that time in my life has played. In the last one hour and now 45 minutes. Of course, there is no escaping Tim McGraw when listening to country, Im not dilusional. But come on.... Nitty Gritty Dirt Band??? Fishing in the dark? Darrell Worley...I miss my friend. DAMMIT. Pray I survive today without falling over crying or doing something really stalkerishly stupid.

And just for the record, Im not a cynic. Im a Disappointed Idealist. There is a huge-o difference.

No comments: