Monday, October 12, 2009

Realities of War


(FYI: this is the one that broke my heart....)






Thank you to Joe for letting me use his pictures. So I have been following as best as I can the course of the war. I have seen friends leave and return. I have seen aquaintances not return. I have listened to those in power use it to further their political careers. And my opinion on its neccessity has swung back and forth like a pendulum.
None of this mattered when I saw the above pictures. See Joe, made it personal. For some reason seeing his sweet face out there in the heat surrounded by guns... (and not little guns for sport, but GUNS) broke me. I cried.
I held Joe as a baby. (He was Joey then...) I used to watch him now and again. I remember playing video games with him and being totally mad that he could beat me every time when playing some monster truck game. I remember his gloating because he did win every time.
So after much thought, this is my view.
If the war is necessary, then we need to give it our all. Stop stalling on sending more troops. When they say they need em, send em. They should have our 100% effort on this end. Cause God knows they are giving their 100% over there. After all... Mr President, This is originally the only thing the Federal government was originally intended for. Not for some TARP to save businesses that should be allowed to fail and for lining the pockets of those that got you into office. Not some bullshit Medical care coverage for illegal aliens, not some program teaching kids to sing praises to the almighty Obama. The only power and responsibility the federal government was intended for was for protecting the states as a whole from international threats and for building international relationships. So if this is the case, all the energy spent elsewhere right now needs to be refocused. If this is a necessary war, then get to work and fight this with all we got. Not half heartedly, in an attempt to please all the people and try to salvage a second term of office.
If the war is not necessary, then get us the hell outta there.
Now, notice I did not say whether I believed the war was necessary. I have no idea. I do find it telling that the President Elect Obama had big promises for removing us and now as President Obama has now decided not to follow through with his promises (although this doesn't say much considering how many of his promises have remainded unfulfilled-- Thank goodness!!). Now privvy to Presidential info, more troops have been sent. And more continue to be requested. Still, I can honestly say, I dont know. So I will leave you with this....
One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disasterous as to lose one. - Agatha Christie
And to Joe, his buddies and all others fighting. My prayers are with you. I appreciate your willingness to serve.




2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the good morning Cry. I miss Joe!

Blueyedmle said...

Sorry, Amy.