Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh, Orson! (my favorite brooding manly man)



"I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you--especially when you are near me, as now: it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame. And if that boisterous channel, and two hundred miles or so of land come broad between us, I am afraid that cord of communion will be snapt; and then I've a nervous notion I should take to bleeding inwardly." -Mr. Rochester, Chapter 23, pg. 221


This is my favorite, favorite part of Jane Eyre. And while I attempt to read thewhole book now and again(not just this chapter), nothing brings it more to life than watching the Orson Welles verison. (sigh)

So to all who think my heart has shriveled and am forever doomed to the titles of cynic, pessimist or "bitter: party of one"... here is proof it hasn't and there is hope, though I have had moments of bleeding inwardly.

No comments: