Thursday, March 12, 2009

We Surround Them

Just a quick shout out for Glenn Beck. Tomorrow is the We Surround Them broadcast. 2pm AZ time. (Thats pacific time right now...) on Fox News Channel. If you are not familiar with Glenn or what he has been putting together, here's a quick snapshot. He basically wants to rally people together who believe in the principles and values below. He recognizes that he and many Americans dont like the path the country has taken in the last few years. He is using his pull, his show, his "fame" to bring us all together so we dont feel so hopeless and so we can find solutions.
I hope you watch, I will be.
The Nine Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

12 Values
Honesty
Reverence
Hope
Thrift
Humility
Charity
Sincerity
Moderation
Hard Work
Courage
Personal Responsibility
Gratitude

1 comment:

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

I watched his show tonight about this. It was awesome. I sat there cyring with Glenn for the first 15 minutes. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I love Glenn Beck, but haven't been able to watch him lately.