Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We are here... Being a 912-er.

Just as a funny preface. I find it tragically comical that my blogs seem to evolve/revolve around Reed's current movies of choice. Most people take the animated movies of Disney, Pixar, Fox, and Dreamworks at face value. I, on the otherhand, have to find eternal truths and meaning within in. (Probably to justify that fact that I have lost count of how many times I have watched them. ) Along the same lines, Reed is currently fascinated with Thomas the Tank Engine. I dont know who introduced him to the series, but he loves it. And I cannot for the life of me find anything of value..... But that's neither here nor there.

Last Friday was Glenn Beck's special program introducing his We Surrond Them program. It was about time as he has been teasing us with values and principles and pictures and not really getting down to the nitty gritty of what he was concocting. In hindsight it was not much of a surprise, but I did have a couple A-HA moments.

Just as a quick sum up, when you put together (and live by) the 9 principles and 12 values Glenn Beck first introduced, we become the people we were on 9/12/01. (Clever huh) We love our country, we jump in to help any way we can and we believe and live what our forfathers established for us. Glenn's message was a call to action, to each individual and as local communities to come together to let Washington know that we stand by the principles and values of a 912-er and that the foundation that was laid by the founding fathers (that included these principles) are what make America great. America looses its greatness every time the government and even its people stray from the ideaology of the founding fathers. Obama seems to say the term "Ideaology" with distain. But it is this "ideaology" that brought about life, liberty and the persuit of happiness that we should treasure much more that we do today.

Glenn suggested it was time to really understand what our constitution means. I, like most, had a mediocre education in this country's history, taught by an unqualified football coach. This does not cut it. I have decided to take my historical education into my own hands buying a couple books as suggested by Glenn. The 5000 year leap and The Making of America, both by Cleon Skousen. I figured this was a good start and so far the reading proves to be very informative and not too laborous.

With a background of what we want to get back to, we can then move forward in our local communities to come together to make some noise. (This is where Reed's movies come in.) After watching Glenn, all I could think about was Horton Hears A Who. The Who's are chanting and yelling "We are here, we are here, we are here" in a desperate attempt to save their lives, their world from distruction. As they realize the people that determine their fate still cant hear them, the Mayor desperately cries out, "We need every voice!!!" This is what Glenn has done. It is time we stand up and say what we want, deserve and ultimately require of our politicians both locally and federally. Just a side note, our local officials have much more effect that we give them credit for and if we are not participating locally it will be to our detriment.

So, here is my one last "YOP" (the term YOP I borrow with much thanks the the Good Doc...Dr Suess.) I am here and I am hoping that my little shout out will encourage others to take a stand and help us restore America to what it should be... Ideal as that may seem to some.

Dont know where to start..... Here's a couple ways to go:

http://www.the912project.com/

http://www.atlasshrugged.com/

http://www.glennbeck.com/

"WE NEED EVERY VOICE!"

No comments: