Monday, September 21, 2009

God is Awake

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.

---Victor Hugo



I have had a pretty low past couple weeks. Im not sure why. No big stress, just the constant push to make it through the day. I was glad to find this quote.

Too often of late, I have to be reminded that God is not asleep at the helm. Too often as of late, I have needed reassurance. But I bump along in the storm, white knuckled and continually cry out, "Carest thou not that we perish?" or in modern Emily terms, "Can't you see me? Im breaking down. I cant do it anymore." And in the moments that I am willing to listen, I can hear so very quietly..." The wind and the waves shall obey my will, Peace be still."

And then I have to take a deep breath, and continue to push forward.

3 comments:

Flying Princess said...

You need to stop making me cry when I read your blog. But don't stop writing. You have a gift with words.

laurie said...

I love the story of the Savior and His disciples in the storm. It gives me hope to know that even those who knew Him so well, asked "Carest thou not that we perish?" We all have those moments, what a blessing to have Him answer, "Be still, and know that I am God."
Keep sharing your gift of words with us - I love you!
Mom C

Amy said...

I love that you say it how it is!